"'Wonka's Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight!'" cried Grandpa George. 'It's the best of them all! You'll just love it!'" - From Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
How to make a Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight sauce
You will need:
- an adult to help you
- a saucepan
- a large bowl of your favourite ice cream ready in the fridge
- 60g dark chocolate
- 1 Cadbury's Crunchie or similar chocolate bar
- 60g butter
- 80g dark brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 8 marsmallows
What you need to do:
- Break the chocolate and the Crunchie into large chunks and set to one side.
- In a saucepan, over a low heat, melt together the butter, sugar and cream.
- Stir until all the sugar is dissolved and then turn the heat up and continue stirring for 10 minutes. Be careful, as it gets very hot and can splutter. Use a very long wooden spoon or a tall adult with a long arm.
- Turn the heat down again, and get your bowl of ice-cream from the fridge.
- Put the marshmallows, chocolate and Crunchie into the saucepan, stir around once and pour over your ice-cream.
You can keep the leftover sauce in the fridge and reheat it in a microwave.