So you've had a go at the Difficult Roald Dahl Quiz, then? Well done you! Some of those were particularly hard, so give yourself a round of applause for every one you got right - and even the ones you got wrong.
To use the Difficult Quiz in school (or at home) you can also download the full list of questions and answers in the panel on this page.
Here are the answers to the Difficult Roald Dahl Quiz:
- Square sweets... look round. We find this out in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- James Henry Trotter's poor parents were killed by a rhinoceros.
- Roald Dahl's favourite colour was yellow.
- Roald Dahl said his favourite book was The BFG, but he also particularly liked Danny the Champion of the World.
- Roald Dahl's first published piece of writing was originally called Shot Down Over Libya. It was later renamed A Piece of Cake. Either answer is right.
- Roald Dahl pretended to have appendicitis to get himself sent home from his first boarding school.
- Roald Dahl's kindergarten, or nursery school, was called Cumberland Lodge.
- The bird that saves the others in The Twits is called the Roly Poly Bird.
- After school, Roald Dahl worked for Shell.
- Roald Dahl was flying a Gloster Gladiator when he crashed in Libya.
- The librarian who introduces Matilda to some wonderful stories is called Mrs Phelps.
- The evil creatures Charlie Bucket meets in Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator are Vermicious Knids.
- At the end of The Witches film, the spell is reversed so that the boy is no longer a mouse. This isn't the case in the original story.
- Trogglehumpers are nightmares - The BFG catches them in dream country.
- Matilda composes a limerick for her teacher, Miss Honey.