The Roald Dahl Story Company Ltd manages the stories of Roald Dahl, across a number of channels including book, theatre, movies, TV marketing, brand partnerships and merchandise.
We’re looking for a brand-orientated, all-round creative to join our team as Brand Design Manager.
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Contract: 12-month Fixed-Term Contract
Working pattern: Monday to Friday, 9.30 to 18.00
Start date: ASAP
Application closing date: 12 November 2018
Location: Marylebone, London
Roald Dahl was a spy, ace fighter-pilot, chocolate historian and medical inventor. He was also the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, The BFG and many more brilliant stories. He remains the World’s No.1 storyteller.
The Roald Dahl Story Company manage the stories of Roald Dahl, across a number of channels including book, theatre, movies, TV marketing, brand partnerships and merchandise.
We’re looking for a brand-orientated, all-round creative to join our team as Brand Design Manager. The successful candidate for this role will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and a flexible, willing and methodical approach to take on creative tasks, both as directed and under their own initiative.
Reporting into the Senior Licensing Manager (maternity cover position), in this exciting role the Brand Design Manager will work closely with a number of RDSC departments to manage and ensure brand aesthetic cohesion, with a particular focus on the licensing and product development side of the business.
Role and Responsibilities
The duties that the Brand Design Manager will be responsible for include:
* Product development across all merchandise programmes (including ‘classic’ and entertainment-led programmes)
* Approving new product and packaging at each developmental stage
* Working with licensing agents in each key merchandise territory on approvals and product pitches
* Art direction of brand visuals across products and ad hoc on company-wide projects as needed
* Identifying the need for new brand assets and manage the process to make sure they are briefed and executed to a high standard
* To shepherd and ensure a cohesive Roald Dahl brand aesthetic is maintained at all times across departments
* Managing all product approvals for three existing key licensing territories UK, US, Australia/NZ in a design conscious and meticulous manner
* Creating cohesive and beautiful brand decks for all brand departments as needed
* Working closely in a team alongside the Graphic Designer and Junior Graphic Designer
* Working closely with the Senior Licensing Manager to design innovative Roald Dahl product concepts for Licensees
* Working closely with the Senior Licensing Manager to support and grow the Roald Dahl licensing programme
* Brand asset management, including Brand Guidelines
* Providing support on special design projects as needed
The ideal candidate for the role of Brand Design Manager will:
* Have at least 5 years’ experience working with like-minded brands in a similar role, demonstrable in their application form and portfolio
* Have a meticulous and spot-on eye for what the Roald Dahl brand aesthetic is/ should be
* Be fully competent in using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and Keynote to a high level and be a self-sufficient designer in their own right, without the need to rely on other members of the design team
* Have strong typographic skills
* Be open to working across a number of creative areas from product, to design, to brand management, to design and brand asset briefing
* Be able to create product mock ups (both CAD and true-to-life)
* Be well versed in asset management and the importance of consistent brand guidelines
* Be well organised, able to meet strict briefing deadlines and manage their own time
* Have a strong interest in the entertainment industry, brand licensing and management
* Have excellent communication skills and the ability to present creative concepts to both internal and external stakeholders
* Possess excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail
* Know and love Roald Dahl’s stories!
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applicants must submit the following:
* A completed application form
* A relevant portfolio in PDF format
* A covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role to Livvy Chan (HR Manager) at email@example.com by 9.00 on Monday 12 November 2018.