- Salary: London living wage (£17,500 p.a)
- Contract: 6 month internship
- 5 days a week: 9.30am - 5.15pm with an hour for lunch
- Applications close: 17th April 2017, to start on May 2nd
- Based in Marylebone, London
- Website: www.roalddahl.com
Design and Marketing Intern – Role Description
The Roald Dahl Literary Estate manages the stories of Roald Dahl, across multi- disciplinary channels including books, theatre, movies and merchandise.
The intern role at The Roald Dahl Literary Estate will be shared across a variety of business areas – with a focus on marketing and design responsibilities.
The role requires a cheerful, enthusiastic, motivated person with good communication skills (written and verbal), and with a flexible, willing and methodical approach to taking on tasks, both directed and under their own initiative. You will be well organised, and have excellent knowledge of Keynote and InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, to time sensitive briefs.
This role will be ideal for a current or recently graduated design student, with a strong interest in/ knowledge of marketing and brand management.
- To support the Brand Marketing Manager on key marketing projects including Roald Dahl’s Imaginormous Challenge.
- To support the Brand Marketing Manager with corporate/ brand partnerships and Brand event related activity.
- To support the Brand Marketing Manager with research related to campaigns and marketing strategy.
- To support the Brand Marketing Manager in production of the Roald Dahl party pack and the surrounding deployment and communication plan connected with Roald Dahl Day.
- To produce and post social media content and assets as briefed by the Brand Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Manager.
- To respond to requests for marketing assets (imagery, links, calendars, etc.)
- To update marketing calendars and brand presentations, as required.
- To undertake and complete ad hoc marketing projects and tasks as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- To support the Licensing & Design Manager with sundry design briefs, including the creation of brand presentations, infographics and asset management
- To support the Licensing & Design Manager with the Roald Dahl merchandise programme as directed
- Undertake ad hoc projects and tasks as directed by Licensing & Design Manager
- Complete product development research projects and support Licensing & Design Manager in growing merchandise programme
- Product sample management
- To manage visitor reception/hospitality
- To assist with project administration.
- To maintain tidy meeting environments (incl shelving) and monitor meeting bookings to ensure rooms are prepared
- To answer calls
- Postal duties